Tutorials

Wednesday 11 December 2013

One more handmade gift

After making the small hoop Christmas ornaments, it occurred to me that I could make mum a bigger version of her childhood home, so she can hang it up all year round. This is a 8 inch hoop, compared with the 4 inch hoop I used before.


It's a bit more detailed than the small one, which I'm going to give to my favorite aunt who still lives on the family farm. 


Now no more dilly dallying in my sewing room as I have to start packing. We're going to spend Christmas in Switzerland this year and I can't tell you how much I look forward to some crisp winter air and with any luck, maybe even a white Christmas. It's funny really, after all these years of living abroad, Christmas time I long to be "home". Or in other words; there's no place like home for the Holidays. Don't you agree?

Cheers
Vreni 

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

Cattinka said...

Hallo Vreni,
jetzt hast Du für Deine Mutter und für die Tante jeweils ein super Geschenk, und ich bin mir sicher, beide werden Ihre Häuser aufhängen!
LG
KATRIN W.

Marg said...

That is a lovely gift for your mother. I love all the details you've included.

Marg said...

That is a lovely gift for your mother. I love all the details you've included.

Thimbleanna said...

I definitely agree Vreni and I'm so happy for you that you'll be able to go home for Christmas. I can just imagine you yodeling in the alps LOL!!! Your little hoop is beautiful -- I know your mother will love it!!!

Shirley said...

Your mum and auntie will love their gifts. Take plenty of sewing just in case you have a quiet moment but have a great time there.x

FlourishingPalms said...

You're such a thoughtful daughter to recreate a larger version of that design for your mother! How nice of you to take the time. And your aunt will surely love hers too. I'm very happy for you to be able to go home for Christmas. That's just wonderful! I hope you get the cold and snow you've missed too. Safe travels, and my very warmest wishes for a blessed Christmas.

Lynda said...

Yes....Home is the best. I spent Thanksgiving with my sister in Spokane, Washington where we grew up. Sure looks different than it did 60 years ago tho. I love the hoop idea for a picture. I really need to get into wool. I love every item I see made that way. Have a great Christmas.

meli B said...

Love your work. Perfect presents. Enjoy the cool air. I am sure it will be very refreshing to get away from the heat and have a snowy Christmas.