Tutorials

Saturday 25 March 2017

My first finish of the year!

We are almost at the end of the first quarter of the "new" year, can you believe it? I finally finished the sewing kit I started about two years ago at a workshop with Sue Spargo.


The inside with the bird pin cushion, the needle book and two zipped pockets, as well as some pockets for pens, scissors etc. The leather string can hold several thread spools.


Turned around and the back pocket is visible. A handy little bag and I'm happy to have it finally finished.


Talking about sewing bags; I bought some cosmetics recently and it came in this little box


which turned out to be the perfect size for my new EPP project. It even has a little pocket inside the lid for the scissors. 



But it does need some sort of decoration on it, don't you agree? So since I had my felt and embroidery paraphernalia out anyway, that's what I did! The hardest part was to sew the felt to the plastic rim, but I managed it in the end (pricking myself in the finger a few times).


So actually that's two finishes. I hope to get 17 UFOs and other projects finished this year playing along here.



Happy weekend.
Vreni x


12 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Well look at you! A UFO finish, AND a clever re-do of a neat case. I noted that the case came from Aesop. Would that be the wonderful Resurrection hand lotion I tried and loved when I visited Australia? I just adore it, mostly for the smell. Do you recommend a place to buy it? Anyway, your projects are great, and I'm happy for you to make such useful things. They'll be so fun to take places... and accept compliments!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great needle case. I like the cover you made for the make up case, too. You'll enjoy using both of these.

LintLady said...

Hallo Vreni,
das Nähmäppchen sieht bezaubernd aus!
Ich mag auch gerne Sachen um-stylen (pimp my...)und weiter- bzw. wiederverwerten!
Viel Spaß weiterhin.
LG und einen sonnigen Sonntag, Doris :o)

Lynda's Quilts said...

Oh Vreni, such cute finishes. Always feels so good when you finish a long worked on project! Love what you did to the makeup case. Such a good idea. 17 finishes for the year is quite an undertaking. Lets hope by December you will have accomplished what you have set out to do. Good luck.

Ailsa (Cape Pincushion) said...

Well done on such pretty finishes. I do love your customized sewing box. I don't have any finishes yet this year, but hopefully soon...

Wendy said...

well done, two great finishes! The sewing kit is lovely and I love what you did to the make up bag lid!

Radka said...

Well done :-)
I love Sue Spargo's designs.
xx

Geckoboxes said...

Lovely detailed work!

Juliann in WA said...

I love that needle book. Well done.

frayed at the edge said...

I love your Sue Spargo sewing kit!

pandchintz said...

Great going, Vreni! I have one of those Sue Spargo needle cases and use it for my woolly bits - love it! I do like the cover on your EPP case too. Thanks so much for joining in.

Thimbleanna said...

How fun Vreni! I love your sweet little Sue Spargo case -- it's perfect. Beautiful and functional! And how clever are you to dress up the other case -- what a wonderful idea!